ATA-300 Category I standards are vital for cases that are intended to ship various types of products and materials that may be sensitive to the conditions of travel. ATA road and flight cases can be used for anything from military equipment and ammunition to electronics and musical instruments to trade show and event production equipment. ATA-300 approval means the casing will withstand the normal to rough handling associated with common carrier shipments (i.e. by truck, airplane, and boat) for 100 trips.
Wilson Case specializes in building custom ATA cases, offering competitive pricing and quick shipping solutions. With more than 40 years as leaders in the industry, we use experience, creativity, and innovation to design custom ATA flight cases and road cases that will meet any packaging challenge. Every case we design is made to be simple to safely load, ship, and unload repeatedly.
Gallery of ATA Cases
The Benefits of Custom ATA Cases from Wilson Case
Our custom ATA road and flight cases are dependable shipping solutions that are guaranteed to last. We can design your custom ATA case specifically to your needs and preferences, offering variety in:
- Casing configurations, including rack and shockmount cases, work boxes with or without tables, truckpacks, front-hinged casing, middle-split casing, ramp options, and clamshells.
- Storage compartments, including trap doors, tilt bins, fixed or adjustable shelves, interior doors, straps, pouches, and netting.
- Security and labeling options, including silk screening, stencils, plates, TSA locks, keyed locks, and padlocks.
- Mobility options, including turf tires, casters, and skidmates.
- Internal foam options, including type (polyethylene, polyester, or anti-static), lining, slotting, filling, and die-cut custom inserts.
- Stacking options, including ball corners, recess cups, and rubber feet.
- Color options for paneling and laminate.
Our Custom ATA Case Design Process
When beginning to develop the design for custom-built ATA flight cases or road cases, we work closely with prospective clients to fully understand their needs. We’ll start by examining the item that needs to be shipped, determining the industry regulations that need to be followed in addition to the ATA-300 guidelines.
Since custom ATA cases are 85% of our business, we’ve managed to streamline the process over time to make it easiest on our clients. Where most customers need to send in a product for a custom case to be built around it, Wilson Case uses SolidWorks to render 3D models of the case with the product inside, utilizing a blueprint CAD file provided by the customer. This guarantees that the case is designed with precision efficiently, avoiding the time and money lost when we have to handle the product in person.
We’ll present each ATA case design to the customer and make any requested alterations. Once the design is approved, we’ll begin fabricating the shipping cases. The design file that’s approved by the customer is the same used on the shop floor, and each case is hand-assembled by experienced staff. Once production is complete, the custom ATA case is shipped to the customer, usually arriving within two days.
Order Your Custom ATA Case From Wilson Case Today
When it’s gotta get there and back in one piece fast, count on Wilson Case! Our custom ATA flight and road cases, lifetime warranties, and personalized attention to each individual’s shipping needs and challenges guarantee customer satisfaction like no one else in the industry can. Contact Wilson Case today to order your own custom ATA shipping case solution.